Frequently Asked Questions
What is Teleradiology?
Teleradiology: radiology concerned with the transmission of digitized medical images (as X-Rays, CT Scan, and MRIs) over HIPAA compliant secure networks and with the interpretation of the transmitted images for diagnostic purposes. Physicians often read from locations far or distant from where the patient studies are acquired.
Why choose Real Radiology?
- Radiologist-Owned and Operated - Real Radiology is 100% Physician-owned and operated. Our physicians are US based, US Board Certified Radiologists committed to providing the highest quality Teleradiology service to you and your patients while maintaining a personal relationship with you, your staff and the clinicians you serve.
- Privately Held - Unlike other Teleradiology services, Real Radiology does not answer to stockholders or investors and is non-proprietorial, we do not compete with our clients for their contracts. Clients have found Real Radiology's commitment to their success and noncompetitive stance refreshing in today's market.
- Personal Patient Care - The owners and partners of Real Radiology manage the practice and actively read cases for our clients daily. Quality patient care is the driving force and the commitment to deliver excellence in customer support. Clients comfortably rely on Real Radiology's proven performance.
- Technology - We have deployed the most advanced Teleradiology IT platform in the industry with service and support that are second to none and simple to implement.
- Trusted - We currently serve several Veterans Administration and Department of Defense Hospitals as well as private sites and imaging services across the United States. We meet the highest level of data security and back-up - including the level of security required for providing Teleradiology services for our VA and Dept. of Defense clients.
What technology is needed to begin services?
To begin services, all that is needed is a high-speed internet connection and a relatively new operating system. Call us to set up services within the same day.
Who does Real Radiology provide teleradiology services for?
We provide teleradiology services for: Urgent care clinics, family practices, imaging centers, radiology groups, mobile imaging centers, Veterans Administration, Department of Defense, and more.
Where does Real Radiology operate?
Real Radiology is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and operates in roughly 46 states. All radiologists are US based, US board certified radiologists. We also have an entirely US based customer support staff ready to answer your questions or concerns 24/7/365.
How secure is your system?
We are 100% HIPAA compliant, and our system is one of the safest in the industry. We meet the security level required for the Department of Defense.
What is the turnaround time for STAT cases?
We will provide a TAT for STAT cases in 30 minutes, and average a 23 minute TAT.