Frequently Asked Questions
What is Teleradiology?
Teleradiology is the transmission of radiological patient images, such as x-rays, CTs, and MRIs, from one location to another for the purposes of sharing studies with other radiologists and physicians.
Why choose Real Radiology?
- Radiologist-Owned and Operated - Real Radiology is 100% Physician-owned and operated. Our physicians are US based, US Board Certified Radiologists committed to providing the highest quality Teleradiology service to you and your patients while maintaining a personal relationship with you, your staff and the clinicians you serve. Our radiologist-owners provide over 50% of our Teleradiology services.
- Privately Held - Unlike other Teleradiology services, we do not answer to stockholders or investors and we will not compete with you for your clients or contracts. You will know us and our service personally. Our noncompetitive stance and personal service are unique in today’s market.
- Personal Patient Care - The owners and partners of Real Radiology manage the practice and actively read cases for our clients daily. The care of your patients and control of the practice are in the hands of the radiologists. Your issues will be addressed by our staff with patient care and client service as the primary and only concerns.
- Technology - We have deployed the most advanced Teleradiology IT platform in the industry with service and support that are second to none and simple to implement.
- Trusted - We currently serve several Veterans Administration and Department of Defense Hospitals as well as private sites and imaging services across the United States. We meet the highest level of data security and back-up - including the level of security required for providing Teleradiology services for our VA and Dept. of Defense clients.
What technology is needed to begin services?
To begin services, all that is needed is a high-speed internet connection and a relatively new operating system. Call us to set up services within the same day.
Who does Real Radiology provide teleradiology services for?
We provide teleradiology services for: Urgent care clinics, family practices, imaging centers, radiology groups, mobile imaging centers, Veterans Administration, Department of Defense, and more.
Where does Real Radiology operate?
Real Radiology is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and operates in roughly 46 states. All radiologists are US based, US board certified radiologists. We also have an entirely US based customer support staff ready to answer your questions or concerns 24/7/365.
How secure is your system?
We are 100% HIPPA compliant, and our system is one of the safest in the industry. We meet the security level required for the Department of Defense.
What is the turnaround time for STAT cases?
We will provide a TAT for STAT cases in 30 minutes, and average a 23 minute TAT.